It doesn’t matter if you are a ‘’boomer’’, a ‘’millennial’’ or a ‘’gen z’’ kind of person, you definitely heard of Instagram. Instagram is one of the world’s most used social media app that connects you with friends, family, celebrities, or even strangers that you admire. Besides the posting on your wall function, a very exciting feature of this app is Instagram Story.
The concept behind “InstaStories” is that you can post anything you want, starting with photos, videos, or different polls, but they get deleted in 24 hours. This feature is also allowing you to show the world your creative side, through a variety of gifs, and emojis. You can also add music to Instagram Story to make your content look and feel better. Today we will show you how to add music to Instagram story.
How to Add Music to Instagram Stories
Solution 1: Instagram Music Sticker
Instagram music sticker is a feature that can be found in the editing section of Instagram Story. This feature allows you to express better your feelings and your thoughts. The downside of Instagram music sticker is that this feature is not available in all countries.
If you are wondering how to add music to Instagram Story, the following steps are your answer:
- First, open Instagram app from your Android-powered smartphone or iPhone.
- The app will open with the home page, known as ‘’Instagram feed’’. To add an Instagram Story, you can swipe right or you can click on your profile picture in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Now, you have another two options: take a new photo or video, or update them from your gallery.
- If you want to take a new photo, just click on the white circle when your setting is right.
- For a new video, you need to press the white circle for a maximum of 60 seconds. It’s good to know that an InstaStory video can last for maximum 15 seconds, and that you can film 4 in a row. If you find it uncomfortable to press the white circle for this long, there is the function ‘’Free Hands”. The function allows you to film just by clicking on the white circle when you want to start the video and when you want to stop it.
- For uploading a photo or a video from the gallery, you just need to swipe up and select the one you want. To have a faster and easier access to your photos and your videos, in the top-left corner you can choose the exact album in which the content is saved.
- After the content you want to share on your InstaStory is selected, you can go ahead and click on the third icon placed in the top of your screen (the sticker figure with a folded corner).
- The next step is finding the Music sticker. Once you found it, you just have to click on it and write in the “Search music” bar the song you are looking for. You can search the song by writing its name or the name of the album or even the music genre.
- Considering that an InstaStory can have just 15 seconds long, the fragment of the song you want to attach can’t be any longer. You have the option to choose what part of the song to be played.
- At this point, you also can opt for showing the lyrics or just the cover of the album. There are six options to choose from.
- All that remains to be done is to find the perfect placement of the music sticker.
- When everything looks perfect, you can go click on your profile picture in the bottom-left corner, you will find the ‘’Your History” option.
- Cool! Now that you did all these steps, go see your Instagram Story.
Now, you don’t only know how to see Instagram stories, but you also know how to add music to Instagram Story.