There’s nothing more annoying than buying a new game (or a new console in this case) only to find out that you can’t play with your friends. Even though Call of Duty’s latest Black Ops Cold War title was released a couple of days ago, players are already encountering game-breaking issues. One of them is “unable to join party”.
As the error’s name implies, players are unable to join their friends in parties. Many believe that this issue is caused by the fact that Black Ops Cold War is compatible with next-gen consoles (PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/X) alongside the current-gen one. Fortunately, this is not the case and there is a quick method to fix the problem.
How to Fix “Unable to Join Party” in Black Ops Cold War
The first thing that we want to mention about this fix is that Activision has yet to acknowledge the error. Therefore, players will more than likely have to use the fix for a couple more days until the problem gets patched. Here is how to fix the problem:
- Access the “Social” menu of your account;
- Select the friends that you are trying to play with;
- Choose their profiles and then delete them;
- Now, you can go ahead and re-add all your friends with their Activision account IDs;
- Next, restart the game and the Activision client;
- Your friends list will be updated now and you can join your friends.
The fix doesn’t take longer than 5 minutes and according to the Black Ops Cold War community, it’s working. There is a chance that it may not work right from the first time, but you need to keep trying because there is no other alternative solution other than to wait for an official update that patches the problem.