Whether you are a new or veteran Android user, dealing with Play Store issues is not something uncommon. This is the world’s biggest app library and it features access to millions of fun apps and mobile games. However, it doesn’t always run smooth. Are you dealing with slow download speeds google play store android TV? If that is the case, you have arrived at the right place!
There’s nothing more annoying than wanting to download a new movie or app on the Google Play TV app and having to deal with slow download speeds. There are many other issues that can pop up such as the “download pending” error for example and no matter the issue, we are here to help you out. Today we will show you how to fix slow Android TV play store download speeds.
How to Fix Slow Download Speeds Google Play Store Android TV
If you are dealing with Google Play Movies & TV app slow download issues, you should be pleased to know that there are multiple ways to fix this problem. We will present each guide in a step-by-step manner so that everyone can understand how to do it. Let us know in the comments section if you are left with any unanswered questions.
#1 Clear Cache
The first thing that all Android users need to do whenever they run into Google Play TV app issues is to clear the cache. Follow the guide below:
- Access Settings – Apps;
- Select Google Play Store;
- Select the Storage option (it’s usually located next to the Disable and Updates buttons);
- Press on the Clear Cache
#2 Stop Current Download and Updates
Another issue that might lead to slow download speeds on Google Play Store is background downloads. This usually happens when an app starts downloading a major update without permission. Follow the steps below to cancel or proceed with background downloads:
- Head over to Google Play > Menu > My apps & games;
- All the apps that are downloading updates will now be listed;
- Select the X button located next to the apps if you want to cancel the download.
#3 Check the Smart TV’s Storage
This might come as a surprise, but the internet is not always the one to slow or block app downloads on smart TVs. The storage space or microSD can also cause problems. This happens when you don’t have enough internal storage space free. All smart TVs will notify you about this problem but in case it doesn’t happen, you can check the status of the storage space yourself.
- Access Settings – Storage;
- If space is running low, you can free up by deleting apps, videos, or photos;
- Start the download again after there is enough free space.
#4 Change Google Account
Another useful method that can help fix all your Android TV Play Store issue is changing the Google Account. If you don’t have an extra account, you can create one especially for your smart TV or use the login info of another family member.
- Head over to Settings – Account & Sync;
- Select your Google Account;
- Click on the Remove account option;
- Restart the device;
- Access Accounts & Sync;
- Select the Add Account option and type in your info.
#5 Router Settings
If you followed all the previous fixes listed on our list but you still didn’t fix the slow download speeds google play store android tv issue, we have another method that might help you out. Check out the guide below to learn how to disable WMM on your Wi-Fi router and reboot the device. Doing this will allow Google Play Store on Android TV to download at maximum speed because the WMM is no longer assigning low priority to Google Play.
- Access Wi-Fi router settings on your PC (usually at IP address 192.168.0.1);
- Select Quality of Service Settings;
- Turn off WMM;
- Start a new download and watch the speed reach its max.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I fix slow downloads on Google Play Store?
The first step is always to clear the cache and get rid of all unwanted processes. Make sure to try the other fixes featured above as well.
- How can I make my Play Store Faster?
The best way to make Play Store faster is to turn off WMM. Doing this will make sure that Play Services receives maximum priority when downloading updates or new apps.
- Why is my Google download speed so slow?
As previously noted, there are many issues that can cause Google Play Store downloads to slow down. The most common culprit is a full cache or bad internet connection.