Searching for a guide that will teach you how to use PS4 party chat on PC? You have arrived at the right place. Today we will show you how to join PS4 party chat on PC, but that’s not all. We will also provide you with tips and tricks that help you better communicate and have fun with your PS4 friends, so make sure to stick around for the end.
How to Use PS4 Party Chat on PC
Everyone can join PS4 party chat on PC just by downloading and installing “remote chat” on their PC or laptop. Remote Chat is an official tool developed by Sony that allows users to access their favorite games on smartphones, tablets, and desktops. Check out the guide below to learn how to install remote chat and access PS4 party chat on PC.
- Download PlayStation Remote Play from HERE (select Windows 10 or Mac for PC);
- Launch the app on your PC after it finishes downloading;
- Double-check to see if your PlayStation 4 and PC are connected to the same Wi-Fi network (this is required);
- Set the PlayStation 4 in sleep mode and connect the controller to the PC via Bluetooth;
- Access “Other Connections” and your console will be listed;
- Select your console’s name and wait for the sync process to finish;
- You may be prompted to type in your password;
- After the sync process is finished, you can access PS4 party chat directly on your PC by clicking on the microphone icon at the bottom right corner of the screen;
- Press the PS Button on the controller and select Party from the Quick Menu option;
- Add friends to the group chat and you are finished.
Sidenote: we want to mention that ever since PS5 was released, Sony has made it possible for players to access the PSN Party Chat directly from their smartphones.
Discord – The Perfect Alternative
If you don’t want to go through all the steps featured above to access PS4 party chat on PC, you can always choose an alternative app. We highly recommend Discord. This is hands-down the best chatting app for gamers and it’s used by guilds from all types of games. Whether you are playing World of Warcraft, Call of Duty or Red Dead Redemption 2, you are guaranteed to find at least one Discord community that is dedicated to the game. Get Discord for PC by clicking here.