There’s no better way to keep yourself entertained nowadays than to watch movies and TV shows. If you love media entertainment, you will have a blast using Roku software on PC. The reason behind this is that Roku allows users to access an extensive movie & TV show library that features so much content that you will never run out of something new to watch. However, you can’t just watch Roku on PC. You need to use a workaround. Here is where we come in.
How to Watch Roku on PC or Laptop
As previously noted, watching Roku on PC is not available through the direct app. Fortunately, there is a simple workaround that makes it possible for users to watch as much Roku content as they want on their PC or laptop. With that said, let’s get into it:
Use an Android Emulator
Since there is an Android version of Roku, you can use this to your advantage by installing an Android Emulator on your PC or laptop. Here is how you can do it:
- Download BlueStacks on your desktop;
- Install BlueStacks and sign-in with your Google account;
- In the BlueStacks interface, navigate to Google Play Store and search for Roku;
- Click on the Install button next to the Roku app;
- After the app finishes installing, sign in with an official Roku account.
- Now, you can watch all your favorite content on PC or laptop.
Sidenote: We want to highlight that you can get Roku on Apple’s Mac.
How to Create a Roku Account
If you don’t have a Roku account, you don’t need to worry about it because you can create one in just a couple of minutes.
- Access Roku’s website;
- Select Sign in;
- Select Create Account;
- Fill in all the required information (email and pass);
- Enter a PIN that will be used for purchases on the Roku store;
- Type in your billing information.
That’s it! You have managed to create a Roku account. We want to highlight that even though you are required to type in your billing information which includes your card, this doesn’t mean that you will be charged for anything. The information needs to be there in case you want to purchase something from the Roku store in the future.
How to Mirror Roku on PC
Another solution to watch Roku on PC is to mirror the videos from your smartphone. This is super easy to do and once you pair your smartphone with the PC, you will be able to start mirroring Roku on PC in an instant. All you need to do is access Roku’s Settings menu, head over to System, and select the Enable Screen Mirroring option.