Did your PS4 controller orange light start going on and off? Sony equipped the DualShock 4 controllers with multiple colors that flash when the device is dealing with an issue. Since there are so many colors, it’s easy for PS4 users to get confused. Don’t worry, we will help you out.
The PS4 controller orange light indicates that the console is in rest mode. The blinking light can also indicate that the controller is having issues connecting with the console. If this is happening to your right now, you don’t have anything to worry about because the issue can be fixed quickly.
Keep reading to find out how to fix PS4 controller orange light.
How to Fix PS4 Controller Orange Light?
#1 Dismantle and Clean the Controller
- Dismantle the PS4 controller and clean the interior (make sure not to damage anything);
- Use the USB cable to securely connect the controller to the console;
- You should be good to go.
Sidenote: check to see if the batteries and USB cable port are working right to remove any doubts.
There are multiple ways to fix a PS4 controller and the first one is always resetting it.
#2 Reset the PS4 Controller
- Turn the controller over so that the reset button (located next to the top-right screw) is easily accessible;
- Use a paperclip or SIM card opener to push the button;
- Keep it pressed for 5 seconds;
- The DualShock 4 controller can now be reconnected to the console.
#3 Reset the PS4
- Press the power button for 10 seconds or use the quick menu to turn off the PS4;
- Remove the power cord from the controller;
- Wait for 5 to ten minutes and plug in the power card back;
- Turn on the PS4 and plug your controller and USB charging cable;
- Use the PlayStation button on the controller to turn it on.