Did the color of your PS4 controller turn pink and it’s no longer recognized by the system? Surprisingly enough, this is an issue that also happens for PS5 controllers. Here at Tech List Online, we published many guides that help fix PS4 controller issues such as getting rid of input lag, for example. Today I will show you what the pink PS4 controller light means and how you can fix the problem.
The PS4 DualShock controller displays multiple colors to show which player can control it. The pink color is used for Player 4. If you don’t have multiple PS4 or PS5 controllers and the pink color is randomly lighting up, the game that you are playing might cause this to happen. Some AAA games use the PS4 and PS5 controllers to their max potential and include lights to make the gameplay experience feel immersive. For example, the controller turns red when playing Red Dead Redemption 2.
If you want to learn more about PS4 and PS5 controller lights, you have arrived at the right place. I have already written a guide that shows how to fix PS4 and PS5 controller orange light and I am familiar with all the other colors.
Why Do PS4 and PS5 Controllers Turn Pink?
Sony knows that many people like to play games with their friends on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, and it introduced a simple and easy way for players to determine which controller they need to use. Instead of having players guess which controller is assigned to Player 1, 2, 3 or 4, the DualShock controllers light up in different colors to make it easier to see.
- Blue Light = Player 1;
- Red Light = Player 2;
- Green Light = Player 3;
- Pink Light = Player 4.
Therefore, the PS4 and PS5 controllers will light pink when Player 4 gets connected to the system.
Can You Change the Color Bar of the PS4 and PS5 Controller?
If you don’t like the light that is showing on your controller, you should be pleased to know that there is a simple way to change it. Follow the steps below:
- Hold the PlayStation button on the controller and select Switch User from the pop-up menu;
- Make sure that there are 4 users to select from (if you don’t have 4, you can always create more);
- Now, select the color you want by choosing Player 1, 2, 3 or 4 (blue, red, green, or pink).
Can You Dim the PS4 and PS5 Controller Light?
While the controller light looks cool, it can be a bit annoying if you are playing late at night. On the bright side of things, you can choose to dim the PS4 or PS5 controller light in three easy steps. Here’s how you can do it:
- Access the PlayStation Settings;
- Head over to Devices – Controllers;
- Adjust the brightness level of the DualShock 4 Light Bar.
Do Games Make PS4 and PS5 Controller Light Pink?
Some games will utilize the PS4 and PS5 controller light to make the gameplay experience more immersive and flashier. However, there aren’t any that make the light pink. Below you can find a list of the most popular games on PS4 and the colors that they showcase:
- Grand Theft Auto 5: shows red & blue colors when being chased by the police;
- Tomb Raider: shows red and orange colors when Lara Craft uses a torch;
- Destiny: shows the red light when the player has low health. The game also shows the white light when the player is using a flashlight;
- Infamous: shows the blue or red lights (depending on the player’s karma).