Did you just get a brand-new PS5 and can’t play any game because you are getting the “LAN not connected” error? While LAN not connected on PS5 might be annoying, the good is that there are many ways to fix the error and I will show you how to do it.
There are multiple ways to fix LAN not connected on PS5. The first and easiest method is to reboot the Wi-Fi router. Doing this will reset all settings to default and therefore, fix the LAN problem. If this doesn’t work, PS5 users need to set a static IP for the system. Doing this will make sure that the PS5 knows exactly what network settings to use and that it will no longer prompt the “LAN not connected” error. Setting a static IP address for the PS5 will also improve ping and latency. This will make online games even better!
It can seem overwhelming to do perform tasks like changing DNS settings on a brand-new PS5 but this isn’t something that you need to worry about. I will present it all in a step-by-step guide.
How to Fix LAN Not Connected PS5
Right from the start, I want to mention that the LAN error is not caused by hardware. This is usually a software problem and there are three main ways to fix it. Without any further ado, let’s jump straight into it.
#1 Reboot the Router
LAN problems are caused by the PS5’s connection to the internet, whether that is through an ethernet cable or via Wi-Fi. This is why rebooting the router will generally all fix LAN issues, including those on the brand-new PS5. On the bright side of things, rebooting the router is super simple. Here’s how you can do it:
- Remove the power cable from the router;
- Wait for 10-20 seconds;
- Plug the power cable back in.
Now that we have finished the hardware part, the next step is to set up an internet connection.
- Head over to the Settings menu on your PS5;
- Select Network –Set Up Internet Connection;
- Now, pick “use a LAN cable”;
- The final step is to select “easy” and wait for the internet connection to be established.
#2 Set a Static IP Address
After searching for the PS5 LAN error fixes on multiple gaming forums and reading tens of posts, there was one thing that almost all of them had in common. Most PS5 users fixed their LAN issues by setting up a static IP address. Here is how you can do this:
- Access the Settings menu;
- Select Network;
- Head over to the Connection status tab and select View Connection;
- Make sure to take a photo or screenshot of the information displayed because it’s required in the next steps;
- Head back to Network;
- Access the Settings – Set Up Internet Connection – Set Up Manually;
- Select Wi-Fi or LAN (depending on your preferred connection);
- Select Enter Manually;
- Now, you can go ahead and use all the information that you took a photo or screenshot of;
- After adding all the information, simply select Done.
Sometimes, the PS5 will ask the user to input additional information. Here are the settings that you should use:
Proxy Server Do Not Use
Report the Issue to Sony
Even though the PS5 has been in development for years and launched one year ago, there are still many software issues that Sony is working on. This is why I am advising everyone who is running into issues when using their PS5 to access Sony Hardware Support and write a ticket.