Sims 4 Genetics Guide – Full System Explained for Beginners

Sims Family

Sims 4 does a fantastic job of giving players the ability to simulate what real-life would look and feel like. One of the most amazing (and immersive) features that Sims 4 introduced is the genetics system. The Sims 4 genetics changed the way people created their Sims because it implied that the offspring will inherit their looks and traits.

The Sims 4 genetic can be used to pass down important traits like eye color, hair color, and skin tone. Kids in Sims 4 will usually inherit features and traits from both their parents, however not in an equal manner. There is a 70% chance that the Sims 4 kids will inherit traits from both parents and a 30% chance to look alike on of their parents.

If you want to learn how to use genetics in Sims 4 or how to get more twins, you should keep reading.

How Do You Use Genetics in Sims 4?

If there is one thing that everyone loves about Sims 4, it has to be the fact that the game offers a bundle of cool features that allow players to customize their characters to make it look like them. The developers who are in charge of the Sims franchise really took things to the next level when they crated the Sims 2 genetics system.

Here is how the system is described on the Sims Wiki: “Genetics are traits such as hair color, eye color, or skin tone that Sims have, and can pass to their children.”.

With that said, the best way to use Sims 4 genetics is to select good traits for the first characters you create. Their offspring will receive all those traits and look similar. However, this is not a rule. The Sims genetics make sure to also introduce random traits so that all your characters don’t look the same. If there is no genetics available for a Sim, the baby will receive randomly selected traits such as body size, hair color, and so on.

If you love playing Sims 4, you might want to check out this guide I wrote about how to fix the “won’t sleep” glitch in Sims. It’s a good trick to know. 

The Best Sims Genetics

As previously mentioned, the genetics system was introduced in Sims 2. This is almost two decades ago! The Sims 2 genetics system was not as accurate as the modern one. Instead of passing down traits from parents to kids to get the genetics mixed up, the Sims 2 genetics instead randomized all traits. This might come as a surprise but Sims reddit and forums are saying that they miss the older system because you never knew what you will get.

Are Twins Genetic in Sims 4?

Just like in real life, twins are genetic in Sims 4. The gene will run in the family for decades and all your Sim can benefit from it, they just have to be related to the first character that had twins. Chances of having twins in Sims 4 are set at 10%. If you think this is slim, you should know that the chances of having triplets in Sims 4 are 1%.

1 thought on “Sims 4 Genetics Guide – Full System Explained for Beginners”

  1. Pingback: Change Appearance in New World: Easy & Fast Beginner Guide - Tech List Online

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *