Roku is one of the best gadgets to have around the house if you love streaming TV shows and movies. Roku is a highly optimized media player that offers a cheap entry-level to media streaming. What’s cool about the device is the fact that it works with third-party media providers as well. Thanks to this, users have access to an endless amount of entertaining content. To top it all off, users can also install Popcorn Time on Roku to take their viewing experience to the next level.
There are two simple and quick ways to stream Popcorn Time on Roku. The first one is to enable Screen Mirroring in the Roku settings menu and then to cast the TV show or movie from your Android-powered smartphone where Popcorn Time is installed. The second method is to install a third-party app called “Plex” on Roku. The app uses the same login credentials as Roku on PC and it makes it possible for users to access a plethora of useful apps such as Popcorn Time, for example.
Streaming Popcorn Time to Roku is super simple if you know how to do it. If you don’t, then there is no reason to worry because I am here to help you out. Let’s go ahead and check out the full guide to installing Popcorn Time on Roku.
How to Stream Popcorn Time on Roku – The Easy Methods
#1 Screen Mirroring from Android
Hands down, the easiest way to get access to Popcorn Time’s media content on Roku is to stream it from an Android-powered smartphone. Popcorn Time is available to download for free on Android and if you enable Screen Mirroring on Roku, you can stream shows all you want. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch Roku;
- Head over to Settings;
- Access the Screen Mirroring option;
- Select “Always Allow” next to the Screen Mirroring.
Now that Screen Mirroring is enabled on Roku, the next step is to start casting the media content from the Android smartphone.
- Make sure that your Android smartphone and Roku are connected to the same Wi-Fi network;
- Swipe down and select Screen Cast;
- Now, choose the Roku device from the list of available devices;
- Once the screen mirroring started, you can use your smartphone to launch Popcorn Time.
#2 Use an Android Smartphone
If you don’t have an Android-powered smartphone or simply don’t want to use the device, you should be pleased to know that there is an alternative option. You can choose to use a third-party app called Plex. This is a free-to-download app on Roku that gives users access to 100+ live channels and thousands of on-demand titles from all over the world. To make things even better, Plex can be used to access Popcorn Time on Roku.
Sidenote: Plex can be downloaded for free from the official Roku app store.
- Access Popcorn Time on PC;
- Head over to the Channels section;
- Search for Popcorn Time and download the app;
- Now, open Plex on Roku (it can be found in the channel store);
- Use the same login info as PC on Roku;
- You now should be able to watch Popcorn Time on Roku.
Some people might be surprised by this, but installing Popcorn Time on Roku is not that complicated. I hope that the two guides presented today will help you stream all the content you want to Roku so that you don’t have to be limited to the preset channels.