While the hardware power that the new PS5 offers is impressive, we shouldn’t overlook the fact that Sony is introducing a bundle of QoL (quality-of-life) features that are taking the console’s performance to the next level. One of the best features that PS5 introduces is the much-anticipated picture in picture mode. This mode allows users to play PS5 and watch YouTube at the same time!
The PS5 picture in picture mode is an amazing feature that all players should check out. The mode allows players to enjoy their favorite games while also checking out a guide on YouTube, or simply watching an entertaining video. Users can enable picture in picture mode YouTube on PS5 by following the next steps: Explore – Select YouTube Video – Select “screen layout” – Choose Picture in Picture mode.
Being able to use picture in picture mode on PS5 is a literal game changer! You no longer have to pause your games when looking for guides on complicated missions.
How to Use Picture in Picture on PS5
Watching YouTube while playing PS5 is one of the most fun experiences that you can have as a gamer. Now that Sony introduced the picture in picture mode for the next-gen console, watching YouTube videos is no longer going to be a problem on PS5. Here is how you can do it:
- Access the “Popular Videos of Games You Follow” section;
- Select an interesting video;
- Select the “Screen Layout” option beneath the video;
- Choose “Picture in Picture”;
- Users can now move the video wherever they want on the screen.
Watch YouTube on PS5
One of the best things about watching YouTube on PS5 is that you never have to quit the game that you are playing. This can be done by using direct messages to share the YouTube link. The PS5 fans on Reddit call this a loophole but don’t worry because it’s really simple to use. Follow the steps below:
- Have someone (or yourself) send a message from an alt account;
- The message needs to contain “google.com” that will act as a clickable link;
- After opening the message, click on “google.com” and surf to YouTube, Twitch, or Netflix.